It’s been a little over two years since I first met Olivia + Brody in the midst of a beach vacation haze to celebrate the union of our mutual friends, Kori + Kyle Yap. It was very apparent at the time just how much in love the two were and it wouldn’t be long before they were planning a wedding themselves. We all left Florida that week with new lifelong friends (enter #floyap shoutout here, for the people who know what I am talking about). It wasn’t soon after that Olivia contacted me asking about photographing her wedding and I couldn’t have been more excited.
The wedding was set in Bloomington, Illinois in a beautiful church on a very hot day. Everyone looked magnificent but it was Olivia’s stunning smile that lit up every room. She wore her joy on her sleeve and hadn’t a stress in the world. Thank You to Olivia and Brody for asking me to capture your wonderful day. Here now is my Favorite Things list from the day:
- The obvious, outward, powerful and emotional love you two have for each other.
- Your group of friends and family. Fun, energetic, welcoming, hilarious and charming
- Downtown Bloomington… A perfect set for fun after ceremony photographs full of color, history and urban art
- The bond between both of you and your parents. The Father/Daughter dance and Mother/Son dance were some of my favorite to date.
- The dance moves. Thank You to Kyle Yap for starting the dance line/tunnel. I got some spectacular shots of shaking and grooving.
Part 1: Prep
2. Pre Ceremony Portraits
Part 3: Ceremony
Part 4: Family and Church Portraits
Part 5: FUN photos
Part 6: Reception Formals
Final Part: Dancing!
My wedding season is still going! To stay updated with more fun photos, follow on instagram and facebook! Want wedding photography information?? Contact me! // www.brandyswartz.com