It was a 3 hour drive to Morris in the middle of the summer and the air was hot and sticky. The girls were packed in like sardines when I arrived to the hotel suite, but very happy nonetheless. Kristen was calm, easy-going and eager to see Derek for the first look. Kristen and Derek warned me that they had a large family when we first met, but I still was not fully prepared for just how large their families really were. I think it was a record for me on family group photos taken. Because of this, we decided to tackle all of the photos before the ceremony. So, right after the ceremony it was straight to the dance floor. I’m pretty sure I went home with more photographs of people dancing then anything else. I ended the night with a few shots by the water at dusk just as a hot summer thunderstorm was rolling in. Another happy successful wedding notch in the belt.
Favorite Things List from the wedding of Kristen + Derek:
- The unconventional “groomsmen” lineup including a “groomslady” and I just love this. I’m a firm believer in girls and guys can be just friends, and I am always so happy to see when others feel the same. Shout out to all the grooms ladies and brides dudes. This should happen more often.
- The super hero shirts that the grooms-people had. A personal touch done well.
- The first look. Full of feelings. Enter the part where I cried. ( I always cry at weddings)
- The loving fun bond of the wedding party and the triple threat toast that was given at dinner. Bravo.
- I have a very strong appreciation for wedding guest goers that are very theatrical dancers and sing-a-longers. Its a good night when the guests sing along to every word by Backstreet Boys and Sir Mix a Lot. High five wedding dancers… you make receptions that much more fun.
Part One: Bride Prep
Part Two: First Look
Part Three: Wedding Party
Part Four: Bride and Groom
Part Five: Ceremony
Part six: Reception
Part Seven: Party
Congratulations again Kristen + Derek!
Want to see more weddings!? Stay updated with the blog, facebook and instagram! Are you planning a wedding? Contact me for information about my packages! I travel anywhere!! // www.brandyswartz.com